23 November 2005

Getting the hang of it

I've got a good html cheat sheet and I'm getting the hang of adding links to my various occupations and interests--not so the link to my eBay store, which led inexplicably to the Microsoft website. Sorry! Apparently you can't just link to eBay on your own, you have to fill out a form to get their permission and they send you a special button or something. So I'll try navigating that system later.


Adding a link to my good friend Matthew H. Phillips was first on my list; I've been writing liner notes for Matthew's cds almost since he first conceived the idea of bringing to life the ghostly strains of romantic music emanating from old filing cabinets belonging to the Victorian era John Church Company. This music that initially only Matt could hear is on a dozen compact discs so far; it's been heard on PBS and NPR and is available internationally thanks to the internet.


Whenever I can get hold of a few cds at a discount I put them on eBay. I've presently got several copies of Edgar Stillman Kelley's complete works for piano to put up. Kelley is a terribly underrated American composer; he was arguably the Sting of the 1930's, a likeable idealist international celebrity, but his German Romantic style was eclipsed by ragtime and war.

Kelley's Aladdin Suite is my favorite dreamtime music. Matthew produced the only recording extant, on Those Fabulous Americans (Albany Records). By the time I get hold of that eBay link I ought to have a couple of those available as well.

:) Sue (aka elioats)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free counters provided by Andale.